Erie-Ottawa Counties will have a community behavioral health care system that is responsive, flexible and outcome-oriented and is based on the changing needs of the communities and the persons experiencing mental health, alcohol and/or drug addiction problems.
Mission Statement The Mental Health and Recovery Board of Erie and Ottawa Counties plans, funds, directs and monitors a dynamic network that drives a continuum of behavioral health services in a relentless pursuit of person-centered wellness and a healthy community.
Vision Statement The Board is the leader that pursues a system that delivers quality, affordable services to meet the behavioral health needs of people at the time they need it, across the lifespan, in a community that embraces wellness and erases stigma.
- We demonstrate uncompromising ethical conduct in our actions;
- We fulfill the Board's role as the oversight agency for community behavioral health services;
- We believe that our highest level of responsibility is to those receiving mental health and/or substance use disorder services and their families;
- We provide access to resources that are client-directed and achieve positive results through the application of evidence-based interventions;
- We listen and respond to the needs of clients, providers, and community members, treating them as partners and with dignity and respect;
- We make data-informed decisions to continually seek improvements;
- We are good stewards to taxpayer dollars by being strategic, responsible, and accountable, while also requiring efficient, effective, and quality services from our providers.