The Mental Health and Recovery Board of Erie and Ottawa Counties is pleased to release the Board’s 2020-2022 Strategic Plan. This final document is the result of significant input from stakeholders who live and work in our community.
This Strategic Plan reflects the MHRBEO’s mission to foster wellness for a healthy community through the dedication to meet priority needs in Erie and Ottawa Counties. The organization has committed to focus its efforts over the next two years on eight significant goals:
- Increase access to prevention programs focused on school-age children and youth, including trauma informed.
- Increase services for children and youth with behavioral health issues and/or a Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) diagnosis.
- Increase services for seniors with behavioral health issues and/or a diagnosis.
- Increase resources to strengthen the continuum of services for individuals with substance use disorders.
- Develop and implement support options for individuals with Severe Mental Illness (SMI) and their personal support systems.
- Reduce suicide for youth and adults.
- Implement an outreach campaign aimed at sharing important information with clients and families and reducing stigma.
- Address the Board’s operational capacity for optimum effectiveness and efficiency.
As the Board shifts into the implementation phase, we look forward to working closely with our community partners to develop objective-level work plans to accomplish the stated goals. It is our hope that these discussions and partnerships forged with the community will give rise to a strong and vibrant framework of support for those in need of mental health and recovery services.