MedlinePlus for Veterans and Military Health
This website serves as a resource center for veterans seeking information on health issues suffered as a result of wartime. It is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.Supporting Military Families
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services. HHS and its operating divisions offer a variety of resources and programs specifically designed to support military families.OHIOCARES
OHIOCARES is a collaboration of state and local agencies supporting the behavioral health of returning OIF/OEF veterans and their families. Although the VA is the primary source of services for veterans, this partnership identifies community based resources also available to veterans and their families.
OHIOCARES purpose is to enhance the “safety net” community of behavioral health services available for military personnel and their families and to complement the services available through the Department of Veterans Affairs and Vet Centers by linkages with county alcohol, drug and mental health boards and behavioral health care providers.
OHIOCARES collaborative agencies include:
- Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services
- The Ohio Council of Behavioral Healthcare Providers
- Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities
- City of Columbus Veterans Affairs
- Mental Health and Recovery Board of Union County
- Governor's Office of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Ohio Department of Mental Health